Want to learn more about advanced photographic techniques, custom settings and animal behaviour? Want to learn how to photograph in low light and get photos of the night sky and more? Want to learn how use the manual modes on your camera and integrate them in your photography? The Wildlife Photographic course is for you.
What you will learn...
- RAW vs Jpg - RAW all the way, we teach you why
- Dynamic Range - Are you getting the most out of your image sensor?
- Sensor sizes, resolution, mega pixels and crop factors - what is right for you?
- Manual Shooting Modes using Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual mode
- The magic of middle grey - never have exposure issues again
- The Exposure triangle - Understand exposure and metering and learn how to use Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO to manage light correctly
- Custom Settings - Dial in your pre-sets and never miss a shot again
- Depth of field - complete understanding of the beautiful bokeh blur
- Exposure Compensation - No more incorrect exposures in your photos
- White Balance - Get the correct colours in your photographs consistently
- Auto Focus Modes - Using the correct focus mode for different scenarios
- Auto focus tracking and case scenario management - when to implement these and in what situations to use them correctly
- Drive mode and burst rates- Learn the basics for continuous shooting for flawless action photographs
- Metering Modes - Understanding different light sources and getting the most out of your light reading
- Shooting stars - All you need to know about night time photography
- Lenses - Understand which lenses are used for different scenes and how to select the right lenses for your needs. Lens image stabilisers (IS, VR, OS, SSS etc - you know who you are) and how to use them
- Colour Space and Setups - Start by using the correct colour space on all your devices (camera, computer, monitor, printer etc)
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Digital image processing the right way.
- Printing - Learn about printing your images
- Image Composition - Learn all the rules, and when to break them
- Stand out from the crowd - Shooting styles, angles and techniques to set you apart from your peers
- Animal trends and behaviour - Techniques for different scenarios. When to shoot and when to run...
- Sharper images without fail - lens "sweet spots", faster shutters, lower ISO, camera stability
- Action photos - improve your actions shots with our ure fire techniques
- Panning techniques with slower shutter speeds
- Depth of field management
- Birds in flight
- Exposure for post-production - shooting for dynamic range without under/over exposing another photo ever again
- And many more...
The Wildlife Photography course is made up of 2 three hour sessions, one week apart (6 hours in total). If your first session is on a Tuesday, your 2nd session will be 1 week later, also on a Tuesday. Please bring your camera and something to make notes with. Course notes will be supplied along with some snacks.
The courses are held at the Keystone Cafe. Shop 13 Kamogelo Tourism Centre, Ferret Street, Hoedspruit, Limpopo. All courses can be done online via Zoom as well. Please enquire about those options if you would prefer that.